A fine textured soup, topped with natural yogurt and dried oregano.
Serve: 4 Adults
Difficulty : Easy
Step 1: Ingredients
Gather all your ingredients
1 pound Pumpkin
1 cup Onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 cup Chicken broth / Vegetable broth
1/2 tsp cumin seed
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp dried oregano
dallop of plain yogurt
Step 2: Chop the Pumpkin
1. Peel the skin and discard it.
2. Cut the pumpkin flesh into small chunks and keep it aside.
Step 3: Making of Soup
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high flame.
2. Add cumin seeds to the heated oil. When it starts to splutters, add chopped onion and sauté until it turn to translucent.
3. Add pumpkin chunks, mix and cook for couple of minutes.
4. Now add broth, oregano and garlic powder. Mix all well, close the lid and cook it in simmer for 30 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes, remove the pan from flame and let it slightly cool for sometime.
Step 4: Blend
1. Take the pumpkin mixture into blender and blend it in high speed untill smooth. (or you can use hand blender)
Step 5: Serve
1. Laddle soup into serving bowl.
2. Top with dallop of yogurt, sprinkle some dried oregano and serve with toasted bread.