if you are like millions of people who need their coffee to start the day on the right foot, but would rather avoid forking out an entire paycheck for a single cup, you’re in luck: this coffee tastes like the kind you’d get at your favorite coffee shop, which will put a smile on your face—until you realize you still have to go to work/school.
- 1 cup (235 ml) almond milk or other nondairy milk
- 3 tablespoons (45 g) pumpkin purée
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- teaspoon ground ginger
- Whisk all ingredients in a small-size saucepan, heat on medium-low, and let simmer for about 8 minutes. Pour into your favorite mug, and enjoy.
- If you want to have a perfectly smooth drink, strain the liquid through a fine-meshed sieve upon serving. You can also prepare the drink in advance, let it sit in the fridge until ready to use, strain it (if desired), and heat it up in the microwave until it is warm enough for you, but not boiling.
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.