Pumpkin rice pudding is a simple and delicious dessert made with pumpkin and rice cooked in milk and enriched with sugar, nuts and cardamom powder.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
1) Long Grain Rice - 2 Tbsp
2) Chopped Pumpkin - 1 Cup
3) Chopped Cashews and Raisins - 2 Tbsp
4) Milk - 1 - 1.5 Cups
5) Sugar - less than 1/3 Cup (as per taste)
6) Cardamom powder - 1/2 Tsp
7) Butter - 2 - 3 Tbsp
Step 2: Pumpkin Rice Pudding
1) Pressure cook the chopped pumpkin with little water and mash it well.
2) Soak the rice in water for 10 minutes.
3) Place a pan on medium heat and add butter.
4) Once the butter is melted, add in the nuts and saute till they are slightly brown
5) Drain the soaked rice and crush it as much as possible using hand
6) To the same pan, add the rice and saute for few minutes.
7) Then add the milk to the pan and put it on low heat and cook till the rice is completely cooked with occasional stirring.
8) Once the rice is cooked, add the cooked and mashed pumpkin.
9) Cover the lid and cook on low heat (occasionally stirring)
10) Using a potato masher mash it up so that there will be a even texture
11) Add sugar as per taste(I used little less than 1/3 cup sugar ) and the Cardamom powder to it.
12) Add the fried nuts and garnish.
Serve hot or cold as per wish.