I am loving felt, since I created my first felt project. It seems like anything can be made using felt. So this time I thought of creating some earrings using felt. Purple is my favorite color and I am so glad that this combination with light pink (actually pinkish violet) worked great. It is easy to make and I think it can go very well with a variety of dresses.
The source of inspiration for these earrings came from peacock feather, only difference is the color purple.
Lets get started.
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Stuff That You Will Need
- Purple felt A4 sheet
- Light pink or violet felt A4 sheet.
- 2 Eyelets
- Eyelet punching tool
- Artistic wire about 8 inch long: OPTIONAL : if you have ready made earring hooks
- Round nose pliers : OPTIONAL : if you have ready made earring hooks
- Fabric glue.
- Geometrical compass
- Sketch pen.
Step 2: Making Felt Circles and Cutting Them
I cut 1 big purple circle of radius 1inch, then 1 pink circle of radius about 0.85inch and so on reducing the radius and alternating the color. Do as follows :
- Draw circles on the purple and pink sheet using a geometrical compass (Image 1)
- Fold the sheet (Image 2)and cut each circle so that we get 2 circles by cutting 1 (Image 3)
- The 12 circles should look like Image 4.
Lets make the pattern in next step.
Step 3: Making the Pattern and Earring
- We will stack the circles in the order of biggest to smallest with alternating colors and glue them (Image 1).
- Repeat #1 for other earring.
- Now attach the eyelet as shown in Image 2. If you don't know how to attach eyelet, see my eyelet tutorial in the image above.
Just one more step and you will be done.
Step 4: Attaching Hooks and Done
- Take about 3 inch of wire and create a loop using pliers (Image 1)
- Create an outer loop using hands (Image 2).
- Bend the wire as shown in image 3 using a pen of cylindrical object.
- Create a small loop as shown in Image 4 using the round nose pliers.
Now attach the hooks in the eyelet and you are done. I told you it was easy :)
If you have enjoyed this iBle, please vote for me in the Contest Purple and/or Fashion Contest. The vote button and this iBle in contest usually appears within 24 hours of publishing time, if you come back to vote, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks for stopping by. Please do share your feedback in the comments below.