Using a Q-Tip as a paint pen is a convenient way to use paint your name to label tools/objects to prevent theft, loss or mix-ups. It is much less expensive than purchasing a $5 paint pen, and you get to select the color you would like to do the labeling in.
1. Q-Tip or other cotton swab
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Dip Q-Tip in Paint
1. Dip the Q-Tip into the paint to get a little paint on the end of it. Less is better since it will give you more control over the lettering
2. Carefully use the Q-Tip to paint letters on the surface of an object.
3. If there are gaps or spaces, dip it again to put a little more paint on it and go over the letter again.
4. Once it is dry, if some of the letters are not clear, you can scrape away some of the paint using a screwdriver to make the letters more precise.