Quick and easy mini pancakes for a yummy breakfast, light lunch or dessert.
These delicious pancakes are made with lemonade with no extra sugar added.
Makes 6 large or 15 mini pancakes as shown here.
This is another quick and easy recipe using "My Baking Mix" - (MBM) https://www.instructables.com/id/EASY-TUNA-FRITTE... Make up this recipe first and store it in your refrigerator for future use.
Allow MBM to come to room temperature before using or put it through a medium sieve if cold.
N.B. Read the recipe through and have all the equipment and ingredients ready before starting as this is a fast and furious cook.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: YOU WILL NEED:
large flat bottomed non stick frying pan
measuring cups - 1 cup & 1/2 cup
rubber spatula for scrapping the bowl out
1 C My Baking Mix (see Instructable https://www.instructables.com/id/EASY-TUNA-FRITTERS/)
1/2 C lemonade
1 C blueberries - fresh or frozen
30g or 1oz butter for frying
Step 2: WHISK TOGETHER:
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, MBM and lemonade together to make a smooth batter
Step 3: THE HEAT IS ON:
- Use a non stick pan if possible and allow to heat up before adding the first knob of butter
- With a long handled spoon or other tool move the butter to quickly cover the pan
N.B. It's important that you don't let the butter burn so keep an eye on the heat and reduce when necessary throughout the cook
Step 4: COOKING THE PANCAKES:
- Quickly drop table spoonfuls of the pancake mix onto the pan.
I find 4 at a time leaves room for turning
Step 5: AIR BUBBLES:
- When you see the tiny air bubbles starting to happen it's time to add the blueberries
Step 6: ADD BLUEBERRIES:
- Quickly drop the blueberries evenly onto each pancake
Step 7: TURN PANCAKES:
- As more bubbles appear quickly turn the pancakes over to cook the other side
Step 8: USE ALL THE MIXTURE
- When each batch of the pancakes are cooked, place them onto a warm plate until you have used all the mixture
Step 9: FINISHING TOUCHES:
- Drop any left over blueberries onto the filled plate of pancakes
Step 10: SERVE & ENJOY!
- Serve warm with vanilla yogurt, maple syrup and extra blueberries
Participated in the
Baking Contest 2017