This is an instruction set on how to wrap a gift and how to make a bow using ribbon and tulle. It should only take about 10 minutes to complete; we hope that our instruction set is descriptive, simple, and helpful to you!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials
The materials needed include:
Step 2: Measure Box
• Use the box to measure how much paper is needed to adequately cover the box and cut paper accordingly leaving extra room for error.
*Caution: Scissors are sharp.
Step 3: Center Box
• Place the box in the center of the paper, upside down. (The bottom of the box should be facing up.)
Step 4: Pull Paper
• Pull one end of the wrapping paper to the center of the box.
Step 5: Secure Paper
• To secure paper, tape the paper to the box. Make sure to pull the paper tightly.
*Tape vertically. (Like in picture.)
Step 6: Pull Other End of Paper
• Pull the other end of the paper over the top of box, covering the pre-taped piece.
Step 7: Secure Paper
• To secure paper, tape the paper to the box. Make sure to pull the paper tightly to ensure a cleanly wrapped gift box.
Step 8: Cut Excess Paper
• If there is too much paper on the sides of the box, pinch a long the side of the box, about an inch away, and stop in the middle to measure where to cut the excess paper.
Step 9: Begin Sides
• Pull the paper, extending over the vertical side of the box, in towards the middle of the box. Pull tightly to make clean edges. Secure with tape.
Step 10: Make Right Triangles
• Fold corners to make right triangles. (Repeat steps 9 and 10 along all sides of the box.)
Step 11: Make Trapezoids on Top
• Fold the top trapezoid piece down, tightly, and secure with tape.
Step 12: Make Trapezoids on Bottom
• Pull the bottom trapezoid piece up, tightly, and secure with tape. (Repeat steps 11 and 12 for other side of box.)
Step 13: Wrapping Completed
• Now the box should be wrapped.
Step 14: Begin Ribbon and Tulle Bow
• Gather tulle ribbon and thin ribbon that you want to use for your bow.
Step 15: Grab Ribbon
• Grab all ribbons, tulle and thin ribbon, with one hand.
*It is easier if the ribbon is all in one place.
Step 16: Begin Ribbon/Tulle Measurement
• Take other hand and run along the ribbon to make sure all ribbons are the same length.
Step 17: Measure Ribbon/Tulle
• Pull the ribbons approximately 1 wingspan.
Step 18: Cut Ribbon
• Cut the ribbon all together to ensure they are all the same length.
Step 19: Place Box
• Place box in the middle of the ribbon.
Step 20: Make the Bow
• Tie ribbon in a bow, just like you would a shoelace, on top of the box in the center.
*The smaller the loops, the better, and try to make them even. The loops should not exceed the length of the box.
Step 21: Cut Excess Ribbon/Tulle
• Once you have a bow on top of the box, cut the excess tulle and ribbon that exceeds the length of the box.
Step 22: Pull Ribbon/Tulle a Part
• Pull the tulle and ribbon a part to make the bow more full.
Step 23: Final Product
You now have your gift wrapped with a tulle and ribbon bow!