Introduction (Courtesy:Wikipedia Kheer Wiki)
Kheer is a rice pudding from the cuisine of the Indian subcontinent, made by boiling rice, broken wheat, tapioca, or vermicelli with milk and sugar; it is flavoured with cardamom, raisins, saffron, cashews, pistachios or almonds. It is typically served during a meal or as a dessert. It is also known in some regions as payesh, payasam, payasa, phirni, gil-e-firdaus and fereni.
Step 1: Ingredients
Ingredients for Chawal ki kheer (For 5-6 small serving bowl, displayed in the picture)
- Rice - 1 bowl (Soaked in water for an hour)
- Sugar - 1/2 bowl to 1 bowl
- Dry fruits - Cashew nuts, almonds, raisins
- Green cardamom - 4-6 (optional)
- Saffron - 1 to 2 pinch (for enhanced color, fragrence and taste) (Optional)
- Milk - 1/2 litre
Step 2: Cooking
- Add milk in pressure cooker.
- Heat it to boil on high flame.
- During heating keep stirring in between to ensure that it is not sticking to the base.
- Lower the flame while stirring slowly.
- Add rice after draining out the water.
- Stir it slowly as shown.
- Boil for 2 minutes and keep stirring slowly in between as shown.
- Stir it again as shown.
- Add dry fruits, save some for later to garnish.
- Mix well but slowly.
- Add Saffron and mix well.
- As per your taste you can add cardamom at this point.
- Close the pressure cooker, keep on medium flame.
- After one whistle, turn off the flame.
- Wait for steam to settle down naturally.
- Once steam settles down naturally, open the cooker.
- Now add sugar.
- Stir well and keep the flame on medium. Let it heat for 2 minutes.
- Keep stirring in between to ensure that sugar is mixed well.
Step 3: Serving
- Transfer it to the serving bowl.
- Garnish it with dry fruits.
If you liked our recipe then please
SHARE and LIKE our VIDEO.
SUBSCRIBE to our CHANNEL.
Thank you for viewing our instructable and Thank you for watching !