So, I made this quick, easy and dirt-cheap Laptop Stand for personal use and wanted to share it here with you people. The product was stemmed from a personal need. One side of the laptop would heaten up, and I would have to elevate it for passage of air. Hence, its a personal design for personal convenience.
Step 1: Materials Required
- Plywood, according to your laptop size specification.
- Small wood blocks
- Old Cardboard, for padding
- Hammer, Nails and Screws
- Alligator nails
Step 2: Padding
Tear out a piece of cardboard, immerse it into a bucket of water. Let it moisten up. Then pick it out, dry it out. Apply fevicol in between the layers and iron it out. Thus you will get a good padding for later use.
Step 3: Attachments to the Plywood Base
- Attach a block on the user end of the base, to give a stopper so that the laptop does not slide off. Use fevicol initially and then put a weight(brick) on it for some time. Finally nail it in
- Attach the padding on the opposite side and secure the padding.
- Attach the hinge with screws onto the plywood block.
- Attach the other side of hinge to the base. I used alligator nails for this purpose for ease of use by just beating it in rather than making arrangements for screw.
- We attach small wooden blocks above the part where hinges are attached to give elevation.
- For that purpose we initially apply fevicol, then it is hit onto the nails emanating out from the other side of alligator nails.
- Finally at the user end, 2 more small wooden block is attached for safety purposes.
Step 4: Complete
Thus the entire setup is complete and ready to use.