Introduction: Quick & Easy Mexican Thin Crust Pizza
A super quick, simple and delicious thin-crust mexican style pizza. It can be made in under 20 minutes. You just load it with what you love & then oven-toss or pan make, arriving at your very own unique creation. Tastes epic nevertheless.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: For the Base
2 1/2 cups (450 g) flour
3 tsp. (13 g) baking powder
1 tsp. (6 g) salt
1 tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil
3/4 to 1 cup (180 to 240ml) water
2 tbsp. of any seasonings you like - Oregano/Thyme or a mix like recado rojo
1) Mix all the dry ingredients. You could even sift them once or twice.
2) Add the wet ingredients - water first and make a dough (soft and pliable - add water if stiff / flour if sticky).
3) If not using instantly, you could keep it covered in the fridge.
4) Spread the dough onto a pizza pan or a flat baking sheet. Smooth and roll out the dough so that it is uniformly even in a thin layer - not too thin.
5) Bake for 2 minutes in a preheated oven at 425 degrees F
TIP: You could even turn it into a cheese-burst by rolling out a thin layer, sprinkle grated cheese and cover with another thin layer. Seal the layers by stroking the edges with a finger dipped in water.
Step 2: The Toppings
1) A sauce of your choice/ or simple ketchup spiced up with peppers, herbs and garlic (simply mix them)
2) Olive Oil / Butter
4) Toppings of your choice
Corn - lots of
Pineapple bits - add a surprising twist
Boiled egg white (diced)
Chipotle (dried jalapeño)
Cooked Pasta - any of your fave flavour (brings together the pizza - flavor-wise and a good use for leftovers)
Note: You could choose a flavor theme and add ANYTHING accordingly eg. Sweet&sour/very spicy etc.you could change the sauce accordingly I.e.you could even use things like jam and marmalade.
1)Brush the pre-cooked base with oil/butter and smother it with the sauce.
2)Add the toppings along with the cheese and bake till the toppings turn golden brown.
3) Sprinkle fresh parsley and herbs/spices on top and enjoy!
1)You could add any ingredients of your choice but try to keep them minimal eg.not more than 2-3 veggies, as they confuse the flavours. The complexity of taste lies in the simplicity of ingredients; which is enhanced by the herbs and spices.
2)Enjoy it while it's hot, time & cooling robs it of the aromas and delicate flavours.
3) You could even make it without cheese if you are allergic to dairy or without tomatoes if you are allergic to them; it promises to still taste great given the blend of herbs and spices.
4) You could try contrasting flavors like pineapple and jalapeño or make one with your own favorites..