Introduction: Quick and Easy Summer Recipe 1: Bok Choy
The center of this 10 minute easy recipe is bok-choy, a staple vegetable to east asian cuisine. This recipe fits the summer theme with its light and refreshing taste that can help drive away that summer heat. Bok-choy is also rich in vitamin B1, B2, fiber and iron.
Step 1: Materials
A bok-choy (half a dozen leaves can make a good serving for one);
Some Sichuan pepper (a dozen or more depending on taste);
Salt (1 teaspoon)
Vegetable oil (3 teaspoon)
Step 2: Preparation
1. Peel off several leaves and soak in cold water for 5 minutes, rub clean the leaves of any dirt;
2. Lay the leaves flat on the board, slice off half an inch or so on the tail end, then cut in to 1 cm strips.
Step 3: Pepper Oil
3. Preheat pan and then add vegetable oil on high heat;
4. Add in sichuan pepper, and dial down to medium high heat;
5. The pepper will change colour from brown-red to black, releasing its scent into the oil in the process. Remove pan from heat when the pepper is black.
Step 4: Bok Choy
6. In another pan/pot, boil 1 L of water; add in bok choy once the water is boiling.
7. Stir quickly for a minute or so. Wait for the moment when the leaves become more green, immediately remove from heat and drown out the heat with cold water. The leaves should be ideally at body temperature.
8. drain the water out and season with salt.
Step 5: Completion
Mix the pepper oil with the bok-choy and serve. Bon appetite!