Intro: Quilled Floral Design
I'm gonna be teaching you all the simplest and most basic method of creating something gorgeous and colorful from a few strips of paper :)
Hope you like it and that it inspires you to give it a shot..
Do vote for my design if you like it :)
Kunali - PaperTales
Step 1: Materials Required
Here's the materials required for the quilled floral design -
- Colorful strips of paper
- Quilling tool
- Cartridge paper or any good card paper
Step 2: Preparation
- Cut the cartridge paper into a square, I've kept it 15 cm * 15 cm (you can keep it as big or small as you want)
- Draw a border and a simple picture within the border - if you're a beginner, draw something simple
- If you're impatient, keep it small :)
- Preparing the strips - fold all the strips you want to use in half and and stick them / double them up so the strips remain stiff
- Keep a small dish with some glue so it's easier to dip the strips in the glue and paste them on the design..
Step 3: Start Designing :)
You start with deciding which color you want to use for which design - it could be monochrome or you could use different shades of the same colors, I've used a variation of greens for the leaves and fronds and different shades of reds, oranges, pinks and yellows for the flowers..
Measure the design where you want to paste the strip, cut it out with your scissors and curve the strip according to the design and use the tweezers to dip it in glue and paste it where you want..
You can keep it simple - that's just simple strips or roll and curl the strips to make designs - that decisions left to you.
Step 4: Finishing It Up
Once you've completed the entire design, all that's left is for you to admire it and give it a bit of varnish :)
You can frame it and make a few more designs to accompany it on your walls or use it on a lovely greeting card or frame it and use it as a coaster..
Gift it to your loved ones or keep it at home.. You can also use the same method and print out your names on the paper and work around that..
The ideas are limitless and I'm sure you'll love em all :)
Happy designing and quilling!
Second Prize in the
Quilling Contest 2016