Here is the tutorial on making this cute vintage telephone keychain. :)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Things You Will Need.
- Paper quilling strips.(3 mm and 5 mm )
- Quilling tool.
Step 2: Telephones Main Body.
- Before quilling the coil, glue together 6 strips of quilling strips.
- Insert a 5 mm paper strip in a slotted quilling needle.
- Keep quilling till you make a tight coil of the desired size.
- Pinch off the rounded sides to a point, and make a square as shown.
- Gule the end and secure it.
Step 3: Using Your Finger Gently Push From the Center of One Side of the Coil to Form a Cup Like Structure.
Step 4: Telephones Receiver.
- Insert a 3 mm paper strip in a slotted quilling needle.
- Keep quilling till you make a tight coil.
- Glue the end so that the coil is secure.
- Using your finger gently push from the center of one side of the coil
- Apply a coat of glue on the inside of the cup and allow it to dry
- Make two such cups of same size.
Step 5: Make a Small Pipe Out of Paper Strip.
- Join the two small cups with glue at the two ends of pipe.
- Make a paper spring.
- Join all these parts together.
Step 6: Finally Glue the Telephones Dial.
Step 7: Join the Chain.
Your key chain is ready!