Introduction: RECIPE | AVOCADO EGG TOAST
I'm sure many of you have seen or heard about this dish many times on social media but there's a good reason for it. Avocado Egg Toast tastes heavenly especially when you kick it up a notch by adding garlic salt and fresh chives. A simple and delicious meal that fills you to the brim. I honestly can't have more than one piece because it's that filling. The ingredients are few and fit for a vegetarian.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: INGREDIENTS
SERVES 4 | PREP TIME 10 MINS | COOK TIME 30 MINS
- 2 ripe Avocados with pit and skin removed
- 2 tablespoons of fresh Chives finely chopped
- 4 eggs (opt for organic or free range eggs)
- 1/4 teaspoon of Garlic Salt
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 slices of an Italian Bread Loaf
Step 2: INSTRUCTIONS
- Finely chop your chives
- Diagonally cut your bread loaf into 3/4 inch thick slices
- Brush all sides of the bread with olive oil. Set aside
- Cut and de-pit your avocados and scoop out insides. Mash the avocado with a fork
- Mix in 1/4 teaspoon of garlic salt into the avocado mash
- In a large wide pan, set heat to medium and begin toasting your bread slices on each side until golden brown. With your avocado mash, spread about 2-3 tablespoons on each bread slice
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to boil. In a small separate bowl, crack one egg into it. Lower heat to low-medium until bubbles are just simmering and gently slide the egg out of the bowl into the hot water. Poach each egg for about 5-6 minutes or more if you prefer cooked eggs
- With a slotted spoon, gently scoop the egg out and lay it on your avocado mash Season the egg with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle fresh chives on top