Chia Seed Pudding. You've seen it everywhere and it's so popular for a few good reasons. First of all, it's delicious. It has a similar consistency to tapioca. Secondly, chia seeds are full of health benefits; one being fibre. Thirdly, this pudding is so easy to make for next day breakfast. Just prepare it before you head off to sleep, and you have yourself a delicious pudding for the morning. This pudding is very filling as the seeds absorb large amounts of water and eventually expand in your stomach so it's really ideal for a morning meal.
As I mentioned, Chia Seeds are a super food when it's comes to health. I've listed some of their benefits below:
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CHIA SEEDS
- 1 ounce of chia seeds contains 11 grams of fibre! That's a lot of fibre.
- They are rich in anti-oxidants, which prevent free-radical production. Free-radicals are responsible for damaging cells, aging and cancer
- Chia seeds are loaded with protein. They are a weight-loss friendly type of protein unlike meat
- They contain more Omega-3 fatty acids than salmon!
- They have shown to reduce cholesterol and lower blood pressure
- Chia seeds are dense in calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and protein. In fact, they contain more bone-building nutrients than dairy!
Facts are sourced by Authority Nutrition
For this recipe I'm using:
- Natura Organic Soy Strawberry milk
- Chosen Foods Organic Chia Seeds
Well I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you're not on Instagram, please share it with your family and friends. Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
Step 1: INGREDIENTS
SERVES 1 | PREP TIME 5 MINS | SOAK TIME 3-4 HOURS (OR OVERNIGHT)
- 3 tbsp of organic chia seeds
- 1 cup of organic soy strawberry milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of good quality maple syrup
- Blackberries, as much as desired
- Raspberries, as much as desired
- Granola, as much as desired
- Required: a jar with a lid and a funnel to help funnel all those ingredients into your jar
Step 2: INSTRUCTIONS
- In your jar, add the chia seeds, soy milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Stir it very well until all seeds are evenly distributed. Seal jar with lid and store in fridge for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Pudding should reach a thicker consistency and seeds should not be clumping together. Pour pudding into a bowl, top off with berries and granola. Enjoy!