Intro: RECIPE | BERRY CHIA SMOOTHIE
I am so excited to share this recipe with you all. It's one of those pretty but delicious drinks with a lot of nutrients! A triple whammy, so to speak. It's great for breakfast or as a cooling snack. Chia seeds are potent in fiber, omega- 3 fatty-acids, vitamins and protein. When they're soaked in almond milk with a dash of vanilla and maple syrup, it makes for a delicious pudding on its own. Then when you combine it with a strawberry banana smoothie, it's a yummy shock to your taste buds.
This recipe does require some prep work where you will need to soak your chia seeds for at least 3-4 hours or overnight in the almond milk mixture. The smoothie also requires frozen strawberries and banana which you can freeze yourself overnight or buy prepackaged. I prefer the first as I can choose to freeze organic and local fruits at a more cost effective price. Whereas when you buy frozen organic produce, it's a lot pricier and comes in bulk consuming precious freezer space.
For this recipe, I only recommend using dairy-free milk whether that's almond or soy and I wouldn't suggest using dairy-milk. I'm using Kashi granola, Silk's vanilla sweetened almond milk, which can be found at most major grocers. I'm also using organic chia seeds by Natures Intent and organic maple syrup by Compliments.
Well I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you're not on Instagram, please share this recipe with your family and friends across social media or by simple word of mouth. I'd appreciate it GREATLY! Take good care,Christie Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
Step 1: INGREDIENTS
SERVES 2 | SOAKING TIME 3-4 HRS/OVERNIGHT | PREP TIME 10 MINS | COOK TIME 0 MINS
- 6 tbsp of organic chia seeds
- 2 tbsp of organic maple syrup
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of vanilla sweetened almond milk
- 1 cup of frozen banana
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries
- 1 cup of vanilla sweetened almond milk
- dried coconut shavings
- granola for garnish
- 1 tsp of maple syrup for more sweetness as desired
Step 2: INSTRUCTIONS
- In a medium size Tupperware or reusable container with a lid, pour in almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract and add in chia seeds. Stir well until seeds are evenly distributed. Cover with lid and store in fridge for at least 3-4 hours or overnight.
ASSEMBLY OF CHIA SMOOTHIE:
- In a blender, combine almond milk, frozen strawberries and bananas. Blend until smooth.
- In a mason jar or tall glass, spoon about 2-3 tbsp of chia pudding into the base of the jar or glass. Next layer over top with 2-3 tbsp of smoothie. Repeat these steps until you reach 3/4 of your glass or jar.
- Garnish with as many blueberries, strawberries, coconut shavings, granola and maple syrup that your glass can fit without over spilling. Serve immediately and enjoy!