A quick, healthy and easy breakfast idea to start your day right. Filled with fibre and energy to get you through your day without making you feel heavy or bloated. The fruits are optional here too so if you don't like figs, then don't add them. It's all really up to you and how you prefer your oats. Give this recipe a shot and let me know if you feel super energized after eating it.
Step 1: INGREDIENTS
SERVES 1 | PREP TIME 5 MINS | COOK TIME 7 MINS
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1/2 banana sliced
- 1 ripened fig sliced
- 1/3 cup of rolled oats or steel cut oats
- 3/4 to 1.25 cup of sweetened vanilla almond milk (add according to desired thickness of oatmeal)
- 1 to 1.5 tbsp of brown sugar, add more if desired
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
Step 2: INSTRUCTIONS
- Cook your oatmeal according to package instructions. Instead of using water, use almond milk to boil your oats. Add desired amount of milk to get the consistency you prefer. Add in vanilla extract. Boil until desired thickness.
- Add brown sugar and mix it in with oats while hot. Top off with fruits of your choice and sprinkle more brown sugar if needed. Serve immediately. Enjoy!