Let me start off by saying that I don't fancy chickpeas, but in this recipe I do. I've never been a big fan of beans in general but my husband on the other hand, LOVES THEM. He can eat a can of chickpeas alone. They have so many nutritious benefits, such as fibre and protein. Chickpeas also carry manganese and folate which assist with bone development and wound healing. It's also a very filling bean. Since I'm not fond of the taste or texture but wanted the health benefits, I figured why not blend it up like a hummus but with my favourite flavours: garlic and avocado. And so I did. This dip has great garlic flavour because I use a technique to bring out the garlic oils without using raw garlic. No one likes eating raw garlic bits (yuck!)
This recipe is simple but you'll need a food processor or a blending tool. I'm using organic canned chickpeas, ripened avocados, deliciously fried garlic in avocado oil by Chosen Foods, some spices. You can pair this dip with a yummy stone-ground tortilla chip by Que Pasa or even rice crisps. I hope you all enjoy it if you try it. If you do, please share this recipe with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this post.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: INGREDIENTS
YIELDS 1.5-2 CUPS OF DIP | PREP TIME 10 MINS | BLENDING TIME 5 MINUTES
- 2 ripened avocadoes, depitted and skin removed
- 1 small can (398 ml) of canned organic chickpeas, strained
- 1-2 pieces of garlic cloves sliced
- 1/4 cup of avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp of paprika powder
- salt to taste
Required: Blending tool or food processor
Step 2: INSTRUCTIONS
- Prepare your ingredients as listed above. In a small frying pan set on low heat, pour your avocado oil into it. Then add your garlic slices into it and allow them to slow-fry until fragrant. Once fragrant remove from stove top.
- In your food processor, blend your chickpeas. Then add in the avocado, garlic powder, paprika and blend together. Next pour in the garlic & avocado oil. Blend together until smooth. Season with salt to taste. Serve with chips and enjoy!