This week I'm featuring two recipes that focus on improving beauty naturally - as beauty comes from within and by within, I mean what you eat.
The first recipe is a Green Berry Smoothie for healthy thick shiny hair and it's completely plant-based. This smoothie will improve the thickness of hair, giving it a natural shine. I'm going to break down why this smoothie contains most of the nutrients you need for lovely hair:
SMOOTHIE NUTRIENTS FOR HEALTHY HAIR
- Vitamin C: guards your hair from toxins and prevents it from aging. It creates collagen which is important for hair growth. The cucumber, strawberries, blueberries and spinach in this smoothie are all high in Vitamin C.
- Vitamin E & A: defends hair from environmental damage, like the sun or pollution. Vitamin A encourages the scalp to create oil or sebum which keeps your scalp moisturized giving each hair follicle the moisture it needs to be shiny. Spinach contains both these nutrients and is perfect for that function.
- Vitamin B: gives the hair a natural thickness and volume. Found in the almond milk of this smoothie or in dark leafy greens, seafood, or meat.
Facts Sourced from Authority Nutrition and Live Strong.
Well I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you're not on Instagram, please share it with your family and friends. Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
Step 1: INGREDIENTS
SERVES 2 GLASSES | PREP TIME 5 MINS | BLENDING TIME 5-7 MINS
- 1.5 cups of strawberries, with tops removed and sliced
- 1/3 cup of blueberries
- 1/4 cup of spinach leaves
- 1/2 banana peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup of peeled cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup of any Citrus Juice you fancy
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
Optional: Fresh Mint to Garnish
Step 2: INSTRUCTIONS
1. Wash all your ingredients, removing the tops of the strawberries and the peels to any fruits or vegetables. Chop or slice up fruits where possible to help ease the blending process.
2. Begin blending the bigger chunks of fruit like the strawberries, cucumbers, and banana. Then add in your liquids. Followed by the blueberries and spinach. Blend until smooth or to your preferred consistency. Garnish with some mint. Enjoy!