A very simple recipe idea for those nights when you come home from a long day and you just want healthy food in your stomach pronto. This is my easy Mushroom Broth Udon noodles with tofu, bok choy, enoki mushrooms and some parsley.
In this recipe, I'm using an organic Mushroom Broth by Pacific Foods and this stuff is delicious. I'm not kidding but it's tastier than any meat-based broth I've had. It's savoury but also slightly sweet and it goes so well with noodles of any kind, except for egg noodles. You can also swap out the tofu with some fish based tofu to give yourself more substance if you'd like. To amplify the taste of the broth, I've added a tablespoon of vegetarian Lee Kum Kee stir fry sauce. Yes, Lee Kum Kee offers vegetarian Asian sauces! They even have a vegetarian Hoisin Sauce and I bought both at my local T&T grocery store.
I hope you give this recipe a try, it's really perfect for the cold winters as you will find that it heats the body up instantly!
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the companies listed.
Step 1: INGREDIENTS
SERVES 1 | PREP TIME 5 MINS | COOK TIME 7 MINS
- 4 cubes of fried tofu or as much as desired
- 1 serving of frozen Udon noodles
- 3 stems of green bok choy, washed well
- handful of Enoki mushrooms as much as desired
- small handful of flat parsley, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp of vegetarian stir fry sauce
- 2 cups of mushroom broth
Step 2: INSTRUCTIONS
- In a small pot of boiling water, blanch your Udon noodles until loosened, approximately 2 minutes on high heat. Strain them and set aside in your serving bowl.
- In the same small pot set on high heat, add in the mushroom broth along with the vegetarian stir fry sauce. Then add in the bok choy, tofu cubes, enoki mushroom and parsley. Cover with a lid and boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour soup and all the fixings on top of your blanched Udon noodles. Serve immediately and enjoy!