Introduction: RECIPE | PAN SEARED PEACHES AND CREAM
Pan seared peaches with ice cream remind me when my father would fry up apple slices and added a couple scoops of ice cream. This dessert is one of my favourites, it's warm and cold with each bite. It also gives the house a sweet aroma. This is a very simple recipe and one worth sharing.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: INGREDIENTS
SERVES 2 | PREP TIME 5 MINS | COOK TIME 8 MINS
- 4 RIPENED LOCAL PEACHES SLICED IN QUARTERS (SKIN ON)
- 1/2 PINT OF RASPBERRIES WASHED
- 1/2 PINT OF STRAWBERRIES WASHED AND SLICED
- 1 TABLESPOON OF BUTTER
- VANILLA ICE CREAM GARNISH: FRESH MINT LEAVES
Step 2: INSTRUCTIONS
- Prepare your ingredients as listed above.
- Heat a flat frying pan to medium heat, melt your butter. Add in the sliced peaches, skin side up. Sear for about 8 minutes flipping them half way through until brown on each side.
- Meanwhile, scoop your desired amount of ice cream into a small bowl. Top off with sliced strawberries and raspberries. Finally add in your hot peaches. Optionally, you may garnish with some fresh mint leaves.