Pesto & Tomato Pasta is such a quick, easy and delicious pasta to make. I love recipes that combine basil and tomatoes together. Pesto Pasta can be a bit dry so I've added some moisture with fresh sweet cherry tomatoes. This recipe takes less than 25 minutes to make but it tastes like you put in more time than that. Wonderful for vegetarians and non-vegetarians, this recipe can definitely become a regular meal in your diet. If you're interested in the health benefits of basil, check them out here:
- Great for fighting skin blemishes
- Excellent for lowering stress levels
- High in iron which is helpful for women experiencing PMS. In fact "a little more than 2 cups of chopped fresh basil leaves or 1 tablespoon dried provides 10% of your daily value"
- Detoxifies liver
Sourced from: [www.health.com]
Step 1: INGREDIENTS
- 250 GRAMS OF SPAGHETTI OR SPAGHETTINI
- 2 LARGE BUNCHES OF FRESH BASIL LEAVES
- 1 PINT OF CHERRY TOMATOES SLICED IN HALF
- 3 GARLIC CLOVES
- 1/3 CUP OF EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 1 1/2 CUP OF PARMIGIANA CHEESE GRATED
- 1 1/2 TSP OF SALT
- TOOL: FOOD PROCESSOR
Step 2: INSTRUCTIONS
- Prepare your ingredient as listed above.
- In a large pot of water, boil your pasta to Al Dente according to package instructions.
- In a food processor, blend together the basil, garlic, parmigiana, olive oil and salt. Finished product should be a nice smooth paste.
- Once your pasta has boiled, drain it and add it back into your pot. Pour in the pesto sauce and add in the sliced tomatoes.
- On low heat, mix together your pasta for about 2-3 minutes until it begins to steam.
- Serve with some grated parmigiana and enjoy!