Introduction: RECIPE | STEAMED GARLIC BOK CHOY
This week I'm posting two recipes and together, they create one easy tasty Chinese meal that you can incorporate into your weekly meal plans. The first recipe was this Steamed Chinese Chicken, click here for the recipe. The second recipe is my Steamed Bok Choy with Garlic. This is so simple that it really doesn't warrant a recipe but I thought it'd be good to put out there in case you need a fresh new recipe idea in the vegetable category.
Bok Choy provides great health benefits too. It's high in anti-oxidants which defend your body against cancer-causing free radicals and reduces chronic inflammation in the body. It's also delicious to eat. So give this simple recipe a try and if you like it, please share it with your family and friends.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: INGREDIENTS
SERVES 2 | PREP TIME 5 MINS | COOK TIME 5 MINS
- 3 cups of washed green baby bok choy
- Optional: 1/2 tbsp hoisin sauce or oyster sauce if you prefer a meat-based sauce.
- 2 garlic cloves sliced
- 1/2 tsp of sesame oil
- 1 tsp of organic light soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 1/8 tsp of pepper
Step 2: INSTRUCTIONS
- In a medium size bowl, mix together all your sauce ingredients. Add in the washed baby bok choy and mix until the sauce coats each leaf.
- Steam vegetables on medium heat for 5 minutes until they're vibrant and soft. Top off with a dollop of hoisin or oyster sauce for additional taste.