Intro: RECIPE | TOMATO HERB PASTA SALAD
Pasta salads are another great way to add fresh herbs to your meal. This is the second recipe that uses the same herbs as my first recipe posted this week (if you missed my Creamy Herb Potato Salad click here). Fresh herbs liven up any dish and when I have leftovers, I will freeze them for later to avoid wasting them. Food waste in landfills is a contributor to greenhouse gas emissions, in addition to the methane gas released from animal agriculture. It's important to evaluate how much food you really need to purchase and how long it can last. In this day in age, we tend to over stock our food pantry and sometimes this leads to throwing away expired goods which is terrible for the environment. So the next time you create your weekly meal plan, think of dishes that use the same ingredients. This will save you money and reduce your waste helping you lead a more sustainable lifestyle!
This pasta salad is refreshing and so easy to make. Great as a side dish or main. The only cooking time required is for the pasta and the rest is a quick mix of all your ingredients along with some chilling time.
Step 1: INGREDIENTS
SERVES 2 | PREP TIME 10 MINS | COOK TIME 10 MINS | CHILLING TIME 2 HOURS MIN. (OVERNIGHT FOR BEST RESULTS)
If you'd like to double the serving size, double the ingredient portions below
- 170 GRAMS OF BOW TIE PASTA
- 3 VINE TOMATOES DICED
- 1/2 BUNCH OF FRESH CHIVES FINELY CHOPPED
- 1/2 BUNCH OF FRESH DILL FINELY CHOPPED
- SMALL HANDFUL OF FRESH PARSLEY CHOPPED
- 2 TABLESPOONS OF EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 1 TABLESPOON OF RED WINE VINEGAR (ADD MORE TO YOUR LIKING)
- SALT TO TASTE
Step 2: INSTRUCTIONS
- Prepare ingredients as listed above.
- In a medium pot, boil your pasta according to package instructions to reach Al-dente texture.
- Once pasta is cooked, strain it and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- While pasta is still hot, mix in your olive oil, chopped tomatoes and herbs, red wine vinegar and salt to taste. Combine well.
- Allow it to chill in fridge for 2 hours until cold and serve. For best results, chill overnight.