Introduction: Rabbit Pie
A carrot cake with a fresh cream cheese you will enjoy!!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Start Doing the Pie's Preparation. (ingredients)
It is a carrot cake with cream cheese.
- 250 gr. brown sugar
- 120 gr. sunflower oil
- 3 eggs
- 160 gr. flour
- 2 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon of ginger (optional)
- 200 gr. grated carrot
- 30 gr. chopped walnuts
- 170 gr. butter
- 225 gr. cheese to spread (philadelpia)
- 250 gr. icing sugar
- pinch of salt
Step 2: Preparation for the Mixture of the Pie.
- Separate egg whites from the egg yolk. Stiffly beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt. Once it is done, add to the yolks the oil and the brown sugar and start stirring it.
- When it is well mixture, add the flour with the yeast. You have to previously sieved.
- Continue moving the preparation until is all well linked.
- After adding the flour with the yeast add the carrot with the walnuts.
- Finally pour the egg yolks stiffed with a spatula and with enveloping movements.
- Pour the mixture in any container, previously greased and covered with baking paper.
- Put it into the oven at 180ºC during 30-40 min (depends on the oven so watch it frequently)
- When time is finish take it out and leave it cool down.
- When it is cold enough cut it in two.
Step 3: Preparation of the Cream Cheese Coverage
- Beat the butter at room temperature with the cream cheese until you have a good texture that is not liquid.
- Add the sugar in batches, if you want to add less it depends on your taste. You can also pour some vanilla essence drops to make it tasty.
- You can dye them with colors
- Add it into a pastry bag and let it chill in the fridge for a few minutes.
Step 4: It's Time to Decorate Our Cake
- Design what we want to reproduce.
- We are going to use white fondant and food colourings
- We are going to do a rabbit and some carrots. Dye the correct amount of fondant to do each thing we want.
- We start giving shape to it, just let your imagination flow.
- To have more support you can use toothpicks or wood sticks.
- To make designs to the figures you can use a simple fork, knife, spoon or the previous toothpick.
- Very important to "glue" a piece of fondant with another use a little bit of water.
- To work well with fondant heat it well with your hands, NOT the microwave!!!
- If fondant sticks to your hands you can put a little bit of flour but not too much.
Step 5: The Final Result!!
- We have the pie separared in two.
- The cream cheese in the fridge.
- And the figures we have done because we want it.
- IT IS TIME TO BUILD ALL!!!!
- At the top of the first pie layer we start pouring the cream cheese.
- Locate the other pie layer and cover again with cream cheese.
- Finally locate the figures you have done on top of it.
- And again back to the fridge because it can be melted the cheese cream.
- And ready to eat.