When we bought our house, we had some windowsills made of marmer and they were hanging down, so I wanted to change that.
So I thought, why can't I make a radiator housing from wall to wall, with a small cabinet in the corner.
So I first made a 3D picture with Google SketchUp to see what I wanted to make.
In Sketchup you really can make things real, and see if things work and how you like it.
After that, I went to the hardware store for some materials ....
These are the materials I used:
- MDF made kitchen-top blad (30 cm width)
- 2 MDF plates of 18mm thickness (for the standers)
- 3 MDF plates of 9 mm thickness ( for the betweens)
- 4 lengths of pinewood 44 mm square ( to let the topblade rest on and mounting
- 2 piano hinges
- 2 doorgrips
- 2 cans of paint (one white and 1 grey)
- 1 Darkgrey acrylic sheet
- Some impact plugs
- 1 can of MDF primer
- 3 paintrollers (for each color 1 and 1 for the primer
also some materials that I used:
- battery drill machine
- normal drill machine
- circular saw
- Plump rule
- Glue clamps
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: The Making...
First I removed the old windowsill, and I placed behind the radiator some reflectionfoil.
After that was done I placed the workbench on the height that I wanted for my radiator housing,
So that was the measurement for the pinewood on the wall and at the sides....
On the right I wanted some shelfs in the cabinet so I placed 2 side plates, the left one with a hole inside for using the radiator.
Then I made 4 Legs, from double 18 mm MDF.
I also made 6 horizontal plates of 9 mm MDF.
When I checked if everything fitted, I first Primered all legs and plates.
After that I painted the backsides of the legs and plates before I screwed everything on the place.
After that I painted everything White.
Then I made the doors and legs in the Cabinet.
At least I painted the middle legs grey and glued the acrylic in the doors.
With piano hinges I installed the doors, the grips, and my housing was ready!
Step 2: The Finishing Touch...
At Least I putted the plants back on, and I had some LED lights with WIFI controller, so placed them under the top for some nice lightnings.....
I hope u enjoyed it and makes you inspired to make one on your own
This is an entry in the
Home Decor Contest