Introduction: Raisin Pie
Granny's Raisin Pie -- A favorite tradition for our family for the holidays, with homemade pie crust and a filling full of raisins it is a perfect holiday pie (or even a just because dessert). :-)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
2 pie crusts or make your own. (One for bottom and one for top)
1 1/2 cups raisins (I used a 12 oz. box)
1 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
2 TBS flour
1/2 stick of butter
Step 2: Directions
- put the raisins and 1 cup of water in a small sauce pan. bring to a boil and cook for 5-10 min.
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar, flour, and eggs together. add water if needed to make a paste.
- Add mixture to raisins and cook until the mixture thickens. add butter and stir until melted.
- Pour into a unbaked pie shell and top with another crust.
- Bake at 350 deg. F for 45-60 minutes.
Participated in the
Heirloom Recipes Contest