Introduction: Ram Replacement for HP Notebook
Do you feel that your computer is a bit too slow? I will show you how to upgrade your ram and boost your speed.
Step 1: Before We Start There Are Some Things That We Need.
- A small set of screwdrivers
- The amount of ram you would like to install
- It must be DDR3L-1600mhz ram
- A small white tray
In this tutorial I will be using Crucial 8GB DDR3L-1600 SODIMM Non-ECC($39).
Step 2: Precautionary Tips
Work on a flat surface
Save and/or close all work, then shutdown your laptop
Unplug any devices and remove AC power adapter from laptop
Remove the battery by sliding the two latches to the left
Make sure the bottom of the laptop is facing upward
Step 3: When Removing the Screws...
- Place them in a white tray or a bright colored tray
- Move them away from where you are working
- With a white tray you won't lose the screws and they can be see easier
Step 4: Removing Back Cover
With the small set of screwdrivers remove the screws from the back panel. Then remove the inner panel to reveal the location of the ram.
Step 5: Time to Get to the Main Part
- If necessary remove screws that are covering panel
- With each of your of thumbs place them of each metal strip on the sides of the ram
- Push gently to the left or right respectively
- Carefully remove ram
Step 6: Now to Work in Reverse
- Take your ram and find where a notch is missing on the bottom
- Match it with the ram slots' notch
- Apply a small amount of force until it clicks in
- Gently push the ram down
- Replace panel if necessary
Step 7: Putting Everything Back Together
- Screw inner panel back in place
- Screw bottom panel back into place
- Flip computer
Step 8: Power On!
- Push the battery in its slot until it clicks
- Plug in the AC adapter and turn on power
- Your computer may show a warning that more ram has been installed, ignore it.