Introduction: Raspberry Almond Bars
Raspberry Almond Bars are the perfect baking project for kids or beginner bakers. Melt-in-your-mouth crust and sweet raspberry almond filling are hard to resist.
Read more on my blog - Raspberry Almond Bars
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients:
For the crust:
1 cup All-Purpose Flour (140g)
5 tbsp Powdered Sugar
1 stick Unsalted Butter (110g)
For the raspberry layer:
1 Medium Egg
¼ cup Granulated Sugar (50g)
¼ cup Greek Yogurt (60g)
½ cup Frozen Raspberries, thawed (70g)
¼ cup Ground Almonds (30g)
2 tsp Corn Starch
½ cup Fresh Raspberries for garnish (30g), optional
Step 2: Directions:
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour and melted butter until you get very sticky dough.
- Grease or line a cake pan with baking parchment paper and press the sticky crust dough into the base of your cake pan. Pierce several times with a fork.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F/190°C for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the raspberry mix:
- In a bowl whisk the egg and sugar. Add yogurt, thawed raspberries and mix. Add ground almonds and corn starch and whisk until combined.
- Pour this mixture over the cake crust and bake in the oven for a further 30 minutes at 300°F/150°C.
- Top with fresh raspberries (optional) and serve!
Step 3: Follow, Comment and Suggest
DON’T FORGET TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTRUCTABLES, OVER 200 RECIPES AND TUTORIALS! LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS, QUESTIONS, IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS!
Participated in the
Baking Contest 2017