Personal summer project.
Code (~ 2500 lines) and info:
Pictures from the build:
1x Arduino Uno
1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
1x Raspberry Pi Camera Module v2
1x DFRobot 4WD Arduino Mobile Platform (http://www.robotshop.com/eu/en/dfrobot-4wd-arduino-mobile-platform.html)
2x L298 Dual H-Bridge DC Motor Controller (http://www.robotshop.com/eu/en/l298-dual-h-bridge-dc-motor-controller.html)
5x Sharp GP2Y0A21YK0F IR Range Sensor - 10cm to 80cm (http://www.robotshop.com/eu/en/sharp-gp2y0a21yk0f-ir-range-sensor.html)
1x Power bank
- Autonomous navigation of simple mazes.
- Basic computer vision for detection of "color signs".
- Video streaming. - Web interface for manual control and monitoring (desktop & mobile).
- PD controller.
- The Arduino reads and filters the IR sensors, implements the PD controller, controls the motor controllers via PVM and runs a state mahcine for autonomous navigation.
- The Raspberry Pi acts as a webserver, streams live video and runs a basic computer vision algorithm.
- The Arduino sends sensor and status data to the Raspberry Pi over serial (USB cable), which in turn sends this (and video streaming data) to the web page over wifi.
- User input is sent from the web page to the Raspberry Pi over wifi, which in turn sends this to the Arduino over serial.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.