Rava Paniyaram is an easy to make snack food with just three ingredients in a very short time.
Rava is semolina and Paniyaram in our Tamil language means a kind of snack food, sweet or savoury, looks round in shape. There are different kind of Paniyaram, some are deep fried some shallow fried and few steamed.
In this instructable we will make a deep fried sweet Paniyaram with three ingredients
Step 1: Ingredients
- One cup of Semolina (Rava)
- One cup of all purpose flour (Maida)
- One cup of Sugar
Step 2: Make Batter
- Take semolina in a wide bowl and add very little water for soaking. Take care, if you add more water then you can not be able make round shaped Paniyarams
- Allow semolina to soak for about 5 minutes and it will become soft
- Now add Maida and Sugar to semolina, mix well and make batter
- Add very little amount of water if required and break off any lumps in the batter
- The batter should be of thick consistency and just flow from the ladle when tilted
Step 3: Deep Fry Paniyaram
- Heat enough oil for deep frying in low to medium flame.Do not over heat oil
- When the oil is heated, pour one ladle-full of batter slowly in oil
- While frying, Paniyaram will bulge and become almost round in shape
- Turn the Paniyaram in oil for both sides to get fried evenly
- Do not pour more pieces in oil, just two pieces at one time. Take out one and pour one
Step 4: Take Out From Oil and Serve Hot
- When the Paniyaram is fried to a golden color, take out from oil and keep on a oil absorbing paper
- Do not over-fry. The golden colored ones are very soft, round in shape and tastes good. If you over-fry, they will become hard and will be flat in shape.
Serve the sweet Paniyaram as an evening snack