Introduction: Raw Vegan Apple Pancakes
Granny Smith Apple Pancakes - Rawfully Tempting ( www.rawfullytempting.com)
2 Granny Smith apple cored and very thinly sliced
Ingredients for Pancake Batter:
1/2 cup cashews - (soaked 2 hours)
3/4 cup water (as needed to blend)
1/4 cup almond flour
2 drops Medicine Flower Vanilla Extract (or less than 1 tsp liquid extract)
2 Tbsp maple syrup (*YFS)
2 Tbsp ground flax seed (golden)
Ingredients for Garnish:
1 tsp cinnamon
maple syrup (*YFS)), to taste
1. Blend cashews and water until creamy. Add remaining ingredients, except for apples and cinnamon.
2. Mixture should be pour-able and thick like pancake batter.
3. Dip sliced apples into batter, covering both sides and spread on a non stick dehydrator tray. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
4. Dehydrate at 110 degrees F for 3-4 hours, Flip slices over and sprinkle with cinnamon.
5. Dehydrate another 6 to 8 hours until dry on outside, but moist on inside.
6. Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup.