This instructable will show you how to make a tastey peach cobbler very easily. Good idea for a cooking activity for small kids since it doesnt involve mixing.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Gather Ingredients
All you need is a cake pan, the size is up to you (Mine is 15.5in x 10.5in.), sliced or diced peaches in light syrup, butter, and yellow cake mix.
Step 2: Putting It Together
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. butter the pan
3. pour cake mix into the pan and spread it out to make a thin layer across the bottom of the pan
4. scatter scoops of butter in the pan on top of the cake mix (see photos)
5.drain some juice from the peaches to use later
6. pour in the peaches and spread them around; amount of peaches is up to you, 1 or 2 cans is good
(I like mine diced but they only had sliced so I cut the peaches up some more)
7. pour the rest of the cake mix over the peaches and spread it out to make an even layer that covers the peaches
8. add some water to the peach juice and pour some over the cake mix, be sure to wet all the mix to ensure even cooking
9. add scoops of butter like before
10. put it in the oven on the center rack and bake for about 45 minutes or until top is golden brown