Hi there, This is my final year project & I want to share all of the steps to make this project by your own. I wish I could spend more time for it but this is all I can do in 3-4 days. Thanks in advance and enjoy....
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Basic Introduction
So in this project, I am using these following components:
1. Arduino Uno X 1 (with atmega 328 as atmega 8 doesn't support TIMER 2)
2. 3.3 V power supply X 1 (I have used another Arduino, unnecessarily )
3. pulse sensor module X 1
4. 16X2 LCD
5. HC-05 Bluetooth module X 1
6. Breadboard, wires, 10k potentiometer and resistance (as per required)
7. and yes an android smartphone and a bluetooth terminal app in it.
Step 2: Making the Circuit.
connect as written below...
Connect Pulse Sensor to Arduino Uno Board as following:
· + to +5V.
· - to GND.
· S to A0 of Arduino.
2. Connect LCD to Arduino Uno Board as following:
· VSS to +5V of Arduino.
· VDD to GND
· RS to D12 of Arduino.
· RW to GND
· E to D9 of Arduino.
· D4 to D7 of Arduino.
· D5 to D6 of Arduino.
· D6 to D5 of Arduino.
· D7 to D4 of Arduino.
· A/VSS to +5V
· K/VDD to GND
3. Connect 10K Potentiometer to LCD as following (refer image for potentiometer pinout):
· GND to GND.
· Data to VEE.
· VCC to +5V.
4. Connect LED to Arduino as following:
· LED1 (RED, blinkPin) to D13 of Arduino.
· LED2 (GREEN, fadeRate) to D8 of Arduino.
5. Connect Bluetooth module (HC-05) as following (refer image for the HC-05 module):
· GND to GND
· VCC to +3.3V
· RXD pin to D10 of Arduino.
*** make sure the 3.3 V is not drawn from the same Arduino as it may lead to power drop. I have used another cheap Arduino, you can go for a regulated power supply.
Step 3: Setting Up the IDE
I am using arduino 1.8.1
check this link. It's not my git profile, I am taking help from it.
1. download the zip file
2.folder called PulseSensorAmpd_Processing_150 and place it in your Documents/Processing folder, as per step 2 in readme.
for additional help
Step 4: The Code.
Burn this code.
for code walkthrough you can use :
Step 5: Get Data in Serial Plotter
after burning the code...
in your IDE, go to TOOLS > SERIAL PLOTTER.
make sure the baud rate is 115200. (at bottom right corner.)
wait for the graph.
Here some screenshots.
Step 6: Get Data in Android Phone.
This app works fine for me, so install it from play store.
connect to your HC-05 and you will get the result.
Here some screenshots.
Step 7: Trouble??
comment or mail -