Intro: Recycled Mp3 Player Altoids Case!
A simple case for your beloved friend, your mp3 player!
This case is made completely from recycled materials (minus the tape or glue) you can carry it anywhere with out it getting noticed or stolen (but don't let it sit out in the open) it looks like an ordinary Altoids tin but if you open it your special friend is waiting for you!
Step 1: Supplies
The things you need are:
Some thin cardboard. (big enough to fit over the Altoids tin 4 times) (tag board works too)
An Altoids tin.
Paper you want to recycle.
Last but not least your mp3 player!
Some tin snips or side cutters.
Step 2: The How-To
1. Trace around the Altoids tin on the cardboard. (try to be conservative)
2. Fold it over and cut it out with out cutting the fold off. (like making a chain of people)
3. Cut some tape and fold it over to make a cylinder with the sticky part on the outside.
4. Put the tape on the inside of the Altoids tin.
5. Place the cardboard on the inside with the open part of the cardboard facing the hinge.
6. Fold the paper 3 times.
7. Trace around the Altoids tin on the paper.
8. Cut on the line. (save the scraps)
9. Put the paper inside the cardboard.
10. Add the scraps to the inside of the cardboard.
11. Fold the cardboard to the other side.
12. Tape the sides
Cut out a place for your headphone cord to come out.
Tape the outsides of the hole to prevent cutting of the cords
Tape some batting on the top so the cardboard doesn't rub on your mp3 player.
Step 3: Enjoy!
Enjoy your new Environmentally-friendly handy-dandy Altoids tin mp3 player case!!!
Post comments, rate, subscribe!
Post some pictures of your finished projects or mods!