Introduction: Recycled Sailor Jerry Bottle Tiki Torch
Why not recycle that old Sailor Jerry bottle into a nice backyard tiki torch that your friends will marvel over?
Here's what you'll need:
* Empty rum bottle, wouldn't recommend making this, if you downed the entire bottle to do so, LOL
* Tiki Torch replacement wicks (sold in a 2 pack) at Lowe's for around $3.50
* Big bottole of Tiki Torch fluid, around $9
* Industrial Strength adhesive, I used E-6000 found at Walmart in the craft section for around $1.80
* Fat fender washer
* Hose clamp
Here's what you do:
*Rinse out the bottle, let dry
* Fill up the bottle with tiki torch fluid with a funnel
* Glue the fender washer onto the bottle, let this completely dry
* Insert the wick. It will not go all the way to the bottom, so here's where the next step comes in
* Tighten a hose clamp around the wick
* Allow the wick to absorb the fluid
* Light it and enjoy
When the fluid gets low, just pull out the wick with the hose clamp, use a funnel and fill up again. To adjust how high the flame goes, just take out more of the wick. If the flame is too high, push down the wick into the bottom, re-tighten hose clamp.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.