Introduction: Relaxing Sugar Scrub
Have you ever just need a relaxing sugar scrub after a long hard day? Well, then this sugar scrub is perfect for you! It is really easy to make and all the ingredients are easy to get.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: What You Will Need!
The awesome part about this project that it is easy and not a lot of supplies.
1. You will need 2 cups of Epson salt. You can find this anywhere. Make sure to get the regular Epson salt.
2. You will need 1 cup of granulated sugar. Again, you can find this anywhere.
3. You will need 1/2 cup of olive oil. You can use coconut oil if you wish too. You can find both of these items pretty much anywhere.
4. Next you will need 25-30 drop of the Lavender essential oil. You can find this at any natural, organic grocery store.
5. You will need red and blue food coloring. 4 drops of each.
6.Then you will need a container to put it in. If you are making this for gifts then you could put it in a mason jar and wrap it up pretty!
7. You will need a medium bowl to mix everything in.
8.You will need a spatula and measuring cups.
Step 2: The Salt
First, you will need to put the two cups of Epson salt in the medium bowl.
Step 3: The Sugar
Now you will need to put 1 cup of the sugar in the medium bowl.
Step 4: The Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
Now lets put in the olive oil or if you choose the coconut oil. Put in 1/2 cups of that.
Step 5: Lavender
Now for the lavender essential oil. Put in 25-30 drops.
Step 6: Food Coloring
Now put in 4 drops of each the red and blue food coloring. This is going to give it that lavender color.
Step 7: Stir!
Now time to stir. Stirring will take a little bit just because you want to make sure you get the colors mixed together. After everything is mixed up you can now put it in the container that you choose. Enjoy!!
Step 8: Safety
I want to talk about safety real fast. Please make sure to keep it out of children's reach and also if you are allergic to lavender do not use this!