DIY project how you can make amazing remote controllable device of 6x100-150W powerful LED's lightning, flash bang or electronic grenade.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Components
1. Arduino UNO board
2. Multifunctional POWER SHIELD 6+6 T800 for Arduino from v-vTech,com
3. Remote key + transmitter 433MHz
4. Metal elements: 6 units of 100x100x2mm copper sheets, 6 corners, 4 armature (for metal rings), bolts
5. 10x rechargeable lithium cells 3.7V 18650, 9x battery cells holders (18650), insulators
6. Re settable fuse 10-15A (depend from LED'ss), switch (OPTIONAL)
7. 6x100W LED or similar
8. 6x power resistors (OPTIONAL)
9. Other materials: hot glue, solder, wires, tape, cooling paste
Step 2: Mechanical Construction Praparation
Assemble 10 battery cells holder in series, mark each cell location avoiding confusion and check voltage with multi meter after connection in series, you should get 3 wires with two potentials: one 18-21V for powering Multi functional POWER SHIELD 6+6 T800 (maximum input up to 32V MAX), two for 36- 42V for powering LED's positive terminals.
Also it is recommended to put on POWER SHIELD input capacitor with parameters 2200uF/35V.
Step 3: LED's Assembly
Fix 6x100-150W LEDs with bolts and cooling paste
Solder wires ~15cm. and feed trough drilled holes into the center of cube.
Fix 4 corners.
Step 4: Frame Assembly
Assemble 5 sides of cube and drill hole for re-settable fuse.
Step 5: Schematic and Wiring
Do wiring by schematic with appropriate wire sizes.
NOTE: resistor values depend on used LED. But normally it is recommended etc.you can use, 6x 0.47Ω @ 2…5W resistors or you can connect without it but working should be in pulse mode only.
See more information on v-vTech.com web site.
Step 6: Programming
Program of LED CUBE is written to show working in 4 regimes:
1. Remote controlled light of 6 leds
2. Dimming distraction light of 6 leds
3. Shock light at max power of 6 leds
4. Lightning LED (low power) of 1 LED
Compile code and uploading sketch with Arduino IDE and with remote controller test all regimes.
Step 7: Full Assembly
Closing LED CUBE box and add rings if you want rotation effect on a ground (optional - see video in next step with it).
Step 8: Demonstration
Final demonstration with huge amount of light: 1000...10000 lumen's.
For safety please use good sun glasses or other solutions.
P.s. or if you want to buy full kit go to ebay