Introduction: Remotely Reboot a PC With Mobile Phone Call
First, sorry for all for my bad english, (I'm Spanish).
This is my first instructable and we lets'go to create a artifact wich we can reboot with a simply phone call, our PC, server or another machine.
The method is very simply, we have a twilight sensor and a mobile phone, when we call to mobile phone of the instructable, a full-screen symbian software in mobile shows a white screen that is detected by twilight sensor, and cut off energy of our PC.
When the call ends, phone's screen goes black, and twilight sensor (wich have a 30-seconds delay) enables energy again.
This system, wich appears very simply have the problem of unwanted calls, example comercial calls, mistakes, unwanted sms... Whe need that phone screen only goes white when our phone calls to instructable phone.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: First Step: Configuring the Phone
In first step whe need to configure our phone to minimize posibilities of a unwanted call reboot our PC, so in instructable phone we need to:
- Set screen brightness to maximum
- Set screen backlight time to minimum
- Set screen saver to minimum but a bit after that screen backlight time
- Transfer to phone using bluettoth or wifi the images attached at this intructable animblackgif, white.jpg and black.jpg
- Assign to screensaver the animation file animblack.gif if is possible, is not important.
- Assign to background image of screen the image black.jpg, and set to black all of texts of colors of the actual phone theme. The idea is that the screen in standby mode must be all black as possible.
- Create a contact in phonebook with the number of our phone if not exists and assing a image white.jpg to it, the idea is that this image shows in fullscreen when we call to it.
- Download FSCaller of other symbian software that permit the image white.jpg shows bigger or fullscreen when we call the phone.
Step 2: Second Step: Mounting Plugs at the Sensor
In this step simply connect the electrics plug and socket at the twilight sensor, because the models of sensor may differ, you need to see the instructions of your sensor. In my case the connections are as follows.
Step 3: Third Step: Adjusting Sensor
All twilight sensors would have a adjusting wheel, that adjust the amount of light needed to switch the current, so we need to select the point of switch when the screen with backlight is showhing white.jpg and black.jpg image. (is needed that black.jpg image has backlight because a unwanted call will show black.jpg image and the phone will turn on backlight, but is not must be enought to switch the sensor because black.jpg image.
We need to call the phone some times without answer with phone that exists in phonebook with white.jpg image and later with other number.
Step 4: Final Step: Mounting Phone
Int his step simply mount the phone wih screen front of sensor, and fix it with plastic flanges, additonally we can cover all with a simply black sheet or a simply black socket unused please! :) Is improtant to connect the power charger o the phone and the electric plug (male) at the electric socket repeater