Intro: Remove Broken Stereo Jack From Kindle
I stupidly broke off a 3.5 mm stereo jack inside my Kindle Fire.
Here's how I got it out.
Step 1: Open the Kindle
- Make sure the Kindle is off.
- Cut up an old credit card (or something like one) to use as a case cracker.
- Insert it into the crack along the side of the Kindle. I had to use a knife to get it started. Note: you may be voiding your warranty or risking damage to your Kindle. Your results may vary. The author is not responsible for anything awful that happens if you try this. Really.
- Run the credit card gently around the edge. You'll hear clicking sounds as the shell comes apart.
- Carefully lift off the back.
Step 2: Here's the Culprit.
This is what we're going to pry out.
Step 3: Pop It Out
I used a miniature screwdriver (the kind you use for eyeglasses) and slid out the broken jack.
Step 4: Put the Case Back Together
- Gently put the case back together (make sure it's the same way as it was before you took it apart, right?).
- Push along the edges. More clicking. You'll know when it's back together.
Step 5: Test It Out
Here we are with new headphones. They work. Yay.