Intro: Renew Sound Portable Casing
I'm really bored whit my sound portable casing that has ugly, looks boring and faulty battery. i had the idea to make my own casing. because i like different.
Step 1: What Is Needed
what is needed ? of course outdated sound portable boring, and some tools
tools and material.
1. outdated sound portable
2. acrylic or you can use the former casing old printer, PC etc.
3. foam ( i get from old printer )
4. jigsaw ( why use jigsaw? because easy for cutting)
5. super glue ( i use this because fast dry. this super glue used to glue casing )
6. hot gun glue (this is used to glue foam and speaker)
take component from outdated sound portable and take foam from old printer ( or you buy foam )
Step 2: Design Casing
the casing design i create. i make it with software inkscape, if you have cnc or laser cutting, maybe this file helpful.
i use acrylic with thickness 2mm, if you use acrylic thicker, i recommend to modification the edge in this file.
Step 3: Stacking and Glue
Stacking component that have been cut. then glue with super glue one by one. glued components only component top, bottom, sides and front.
Step 4: Assemble
first attach the speaker with hot glue gun, after that place foam in sides and connect the cable. then create a bolt affixed beside. then attach cover and screws.to cover the holes add pipe (you can use pipe from markers).
Step 5: Done
finally its time to play music favorite.