For the past 6 weeks this pin hole leak on a water mains has been logging water at this mango tree. Last week the poor tree fell over. Since the repair authority in the area is too lazy to fix the leak, I went about to repair it.
Step 1: Repair Materials.
I got a rubber coupler with hose clamps. This is perfect for the job.
Step 2: Modding the Coupler.
I cut half inch of rubber coupler with the hose clamp. I sliced the section I cut off to allow slipping over the pipe.
Step 3: Installation.
Even with water pressure on, I slipped the rubber and hose clamp over the leak. I tightened the clamp and the leak gradually decreased.
Step 4: Done!
Here the clamp is sufficiently tightened with the help of an 8mm spanner. Leak is contained and no more water wastage.