So the strap from my favorite watch broke... a long time ago. Somehow it wasn't easy to get a replacement that fitted the style of the watch. So I made my own, fast and easy and I'm happy with the result.
This fix is really easy, cheap and will take you less than an hour.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: You Will Need
- an old inner tube from a car or motorbike
- watch strap replacement tool can be helpful
- hole punch
Step 2: Cut Your Strap
- Cut a straight piece from the tire
- Mark the width of your strap on the tire with a pencil
- Cut on the marking
Step 3: Glue the Strap
- Put contact cement on the tire strap
- Turn the strap inside out
- Glue together
Step 4: Add the Old Hardware
- Remove the hardware from the old strap (watchmaker tools might be helpful here)
- Mark on the tire strap if you have to make adjustments (I did)
- Cut to the desired shape
- Add the hardware
- Place on the watch
Step 5: Make the Other Half
- Make the other half of the strap the same way
- Put the watch on your wrist
- Mark where you need the holes (you only need one hole for this custom made strap)
- Punch the holes
- Wear your watch
I am really happy with the result and proudly wearing my watch again.