Some weeks ago, I decided to try Sugru. Our old (and single one) notebook had lost most of its rubber pads. It seemed to be a good opportunity for a test.
Step 1: Materials
Two Sugru 5g portions:
- 1 green (first phase)
- 1 orange (second phase)
Step 2: Some Weeks Ago...
I went into the first try: Using one portion, I filled the empty pad-holders in the four corners of the notebook's base.
This first try has been more than succesful: After five weeks, the new pads are still there.
Step 3: Next Phase
With the first test already passed, just another pad was waiting to be replaced in the base. And I did it...
Step 4: The Screen
Four rounded small tips, covering mounting screws, and two pads on the sides, preventing shocks, were gone. Replaced the whole set.
Step 5: By the Way...
The cooling pad lost its own rubber-feet. I used the rest of the dough to fill them as well.
Participated in the