Introduction: Resin Moon Ring Table
Resin covered Moon Ring inspired end table. Lots of resin, some iridescent pigments, lots of stirring & fast pouring. Followed by lots of waiting
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Step One Prep
Sand table and paint black (spray paint is ok)
Step 2: Tape Edges
Tape edges with blue painters tape. Try not to get waves by not stretching tape
Step 3: Resin
- Mix resin (I used table top epoxy 50/50 parts 8oz or ea) mix for about 4 minutes, scrape edges and make sure mixed thoroughly
- Split resin into 5 smaller cups
- add resin pigments-Jacquard Pearl EX Set (Series 3) rose, white, green & gold, leave one cup clear
Step 4: Pouring
Puddle Pour Technique
- In the center pour a puddle of clear first and then heat with heat gun
- Pour part of blue in center on top of clear
- Pour part of pink on blue
- Pour part of white on pink
- Pour part of gold on white
- Pour rest of blue on white
- Pour rest of pink on blue
- Pour rest of white on pink
- Pour rest of green on pink
- Pour rest of gold on green
- or pour in any order you like
Step 5: Heat and Spread
Heat entire table with heat gun and move around to spread resin out over table
Step 6: Dry
Once you get resin over table in the areas you want let table dry over night.
If the table is not even you can add clear over the top and spread over evenly once the first layer is dry
- Make sure to heat so the bubbles pop
- Make sure it's completely dry before putting anything on table (48hrs)
1 Person Made This Project!
- ahart13 made it!