- Cashew butter masala curry is rich cashew based gravy blended with tomatoes.
- This curry goes well for a party and can be served with naan or chapathi
- 3 diced tomatoes
- One diced onion
- 15 roasted cashews( to make powder)
- 7 roasted cashews for garnishing
- One tea spoon red chilli powder
- One teaspoon coriander powder
- one tea spoon garam masala powder
- salt as per taste
- Pinch of Dry fenugreek leaves
Step 1: First Step
-Take about 15 roasted cashews in blender and blend to powder.(If you have unroasted cashews add little butter and roast them.)
Step 2: Sauteing
-Take 3 tomatoes and one onion and dice them.Take a vessel and add little butter to it. when is heated add bay leaf.
-Next add diced onions and saute for few minutes.Then add tomatoes and cook .
Step 3: Cook Till Tomatoes Become Soft
-cook till tomatoes become soft and little mushy.
Step 4: Blend
-Next transfer sauted onions and mushy tomatoes to blender and blend to paste
Step 5: Preparing Curry
-Take a vessel and add little butter to it and when butter melts add blended cashew powder and saute for few minutes
Step 6: Add Blended Tomato Onion Paste
-Next add blended tomato onion paste to sauted cashew powder and give a mix.Add little water if consistency is too thick
Step 7: Add Spices
-Add teaspoon red chilli powder,tsp coriander powder and salt as per taste.Mix all spices with cashew tomato paste.
Step 8: Add Dry Fenugreek Leaves
-Add teaspoon garam masala and pinch of fenugreek leaves and give a mix.
Step 9: Garnish With Cashews
-Finally cover the lid and cook for few minutes. Garnish with roasted cashews and serve hot with roti