This Retro Russian Ice Cream Plombir (Пломбир) was a classic among ice creams years back in Russia and neighboring countries as well as some central European countries. It is smooth and rich and tastes after vanilla! It’s the best ice cream!
Enjoy our easy recipes!
Visit our new website: www.happyfoodstube.com
So lets get started!
Step 1: Ingredients:
75g (2.6oz) Caster Sugar
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Sugar
200ml (6.8fl oz) Fresh Cream 9%
500ml (17fl oz) Heavy Cream 35%
4 Egg Yolks
Step 2: Directions:
1. Mix the yolks, sugar and vanilla sugar using a wooden spoon.
2. Pour the fresh cream in a sauce pan and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Take it off the heat. Pour the cream into the egg mixture while whisking constantly.
3. Transfer back in the sauce pan and stir constantly on medium heat until it thickens (about 10 minutes).
4. Once the mixture has thickened, remove from the heat and let it cool down before placing it in the fridge for several hours (or overnight).
5. Whip the heavy cream until thick. Add the whipped cream to the chilled cream mixture and using electric mixer mix until combined.
6. Transfer in a container, cover with lid and freeze for 45-50 minutes. After 45-50 minutes take the container out and mix it with hand mixer for a minute.
7. Repeat 2-3 times (every 45-50 minutes). Afterwards, leave it in the freezer for at least 6 hours or overnight.
8. Serve in bowls, cones, cups or with a slice of your favorite pie!
Step 3: Subscibe/Follow Us to Get the Latest Updates:
► Website: www.happyfoodstube.com
► Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/happyfoodstube
► Youtube: www.youtube.com/happyfoodstube
► Google+: https://plus.google.com/+happyfoodstube
► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/happyfoodstube
► Instagram: http://instagram.com/happyfoodstube
► Twitter: https://twitter.com/happyfoodstube