I had this empty vodka bottle with me for a year now. A few days back when I saw this lying in my closet, I realized instead of throwing it away I wanted to make good use of this bottle. So I ended up designing a Buddha on it.
Materials Required :
1. Any used Bottle. (I used a Vodka bottle).
2. Fevicol SH.
3. Jute thread of two difference sizes.
4. Egg shells.
5. Acrylic paints.
6. Diluted Fevicol. ( Mixture of Two parts Fevicol and One part water. )
- First paint the bottle with white Acrylic paint or white Enamel paint.
- Apply half of the bottle with undiluted Fevicol. Make the Egg shells into small pieces and stick them to it. Other easy method is to take the egg shells and press them to the bottle. They will crack and stay on it.
Note: The egg shells should be soaked in worm water for 4 hours. Then peal the inner skin of the shell and leave them to dry before use.
- Use the other half of the bottle to draw any image that you like. I drew Buddha on my bottle.
- Use this drawing as a reference to stick the Jute thread. I used the thick thread for the out lines and relatively thin thread for the features and the hair.
- Leave it a side to dry for 8 hours.
- Once it is dry before painting the bottle. Paint it with Diluted Fevicol (Mixture of two parts fevicol and one part water).
- Painting two coats of this Diluted fevicol will help the material to bond to the bottle well.
- Leave this to dry for 8 hours again.
- Final step, choose any colors of your choice and paint the bottle.
- As you can see. I painted an illusion of lotus pond on half the bottle and Used metallic green paint for the Buddha face.
- As a final touch up I used gold metallic color to highlight the outlines and the egg shell texture.