Introduction: Rice Krispie Treat Ice Cream Sandwich
Rice Krispies treats and ice cream - two great things that taste pretty good together!
We had leftovers from fungus's Rice Krispies treats experiments and scooch's famous 5-minute ice cream hanging about the offices at the same time. It was clear what I had to do - combine them into a single incredible, instant-diabetic-coma-inducing snack!
To re-create this
- flatten Rice Krispie Treat to 1/4-1/2 inch height.
- cut Rice Krispie Treat into roughly 2-inch squares.
- slather with 1/2-3/4 inch thick iice cream.
- smooth edges of ice cream even with sides of Rice Krispie Treat.
- return to freezer until solid enough to eat.
- eat as much as you can
- feed them to everyone around you
- return unused portions to freezer
- collapse on couch and moan uselessly
So maybe this version's Rice Krispie Treats were too thick, and maybe raspberry ice cream isn't the best choice for filling. I bet it would taste awesome if we were all still 8 years old!
We think these could be pretty awesome if:
- the Rice Krispie Treat layers were thinner
- vanilla ice cream was used for the filling
- the whole thing was then dipped in chocolate!
More experiments forthcoming. Probably. If any of us can ever get off the couch.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.