Intro: 'Rita Shaker'
This project comes as a result of an assignment for the final three weeks of my Junior Physics Lab at the University of New Mexico. We were tasked with developing a project that utilized the Arduino Uno Rev 3. It could be an improvement of a preexisting project or a creation of a new one. It was suggested that we work on something that would benefit us in some way.
Now, I work as a bartender and Chili's Grille & Bar, and I can attest that there are moments where I am simply overwhelmed by the vast number of margaritas I have to make, many of which are hand shaken. I've always dreamed of having a device that could do this shaking for me. This project was the perfect opportunity to do this. The instructions posted here are for a prototype and hopefully I will be updating them as I improve my design over the summer. The process I took in developing this 'Rita Shaker' can be found at my Open Science Journal.
The code for this project can be found here.
The supplies needed are as follows:
* Increaser Reducer 3"-4" $ 2.27 Home Depot
* Short Bolt w/ Nut (8 pack) $ .98 Home Depot
* Eye Bolt w/ Nut 8-32 X 1-58 (2) $ .98 Home Depot
* Mini Bungee Clip Strip (8 pack) $ 2.47 Home Depot
* 1-1/2" Flex Qwick Cap $ 2.90 Home Depot
* Cull Lumber $ 1.02 Home Depot
* Aluminum Ruler (2) $ 2.19 Office Depot
* Futaba S3003 Servo Standard (2) $10.99 Amazon.com
* Microtivity Push-and-Lock Button Switch (8 Pack) $ 6.49 Amazon.com
* Wall Adapter Power Supply - 9VDC 650 mA $ 6.95 Amazon.com
* Arduino Uno Rev 3 Starter Kit $36.99 Amazon.com
Arduino Uno Rev 3
3' USB Cable
65 Jumper Wires
* Chili's Presidente Margarite Shaker $ 2.00 Chili's Grille & Bar